Erik is a foreign-trained (Belgium) physical therapist. He moved to Santa Fe in 2008 to form Therapy Solutions, LLC with Bruce Mazur and Kent Chou. Erik graduated in 1986 from the Katholieke Universiteit of Leuven (Louvain) in Belgium with a Bachelors and a Masters in physical therapy.
He owned a physical therapy practice in the Province of Antwerp for nine years prior to moving to the United States. He moved to New Mexico with his wife (Inge) and two children (Maud & Milan) in 1996 and worked for Carlsbad Medical Center as the lead physical therapist. In 2002 he opened a practice in Carlsbad, NM which he operated until moving to Santa Fe in 2008. In 2012 he earned a Doctor of Physical Therapy with the EIM Institute of Health Care Professions).
Erik loves to treat any kind of orthopedic problem and sports related injury. He strives to provide evidence based physical therapy with a caring individualized attitude. His hobbies include tennis, bike riding, racquetball, skiing and hiking. His specializations include:
- Additional Board Certification In Orthopaedic Physical Therapy with the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialities (Since 2001)
- Certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (McKenzie) with the McKenzie Institute International. (Since 2003)
- Certified in Manual Therapy for the upper and lower extremities with the Belgium Academy of Orthopedic Manual Therapy since (Since 1989)
- Certified in Manual Therapy for the Lower and Upper Extremities with the International Academy of Orthopedic Manual Therapy (IAOM) (Since 2010)
- Certified in Dry Needling for myofascial trigger points with Stichting Ergonomie and Preventie (Belgium) (Since 1991) and with Kinetacore (since 2013)
- Credentialed as Clinical Instructor for physical therapy students with the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) (Since 2001)